Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
There are many ways you can join IMPOWER to inspire life’s potential and make a meaningful impact in the lives of those we serve! Whether you are interested in on-going, seasonal volunteer involvement or just a one-time project, there is something for everyone.
IMPOWER Volunteer Impact FY 2020-21
Ready to Get Started?
New Volunteers. If this is your first time volunteering with us, please complete our Volunteer Interest Form.
Once submitted, a member of our team will reach out by email to share next steps.
Also, be sure to view and download our Volunteer Release and Guidelines.
For more information about volunteering, please call (407) 215.0095 x215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer OpportunitiesIMPOWER welcomes individuals and groups to serve in many different ways across our organization including:
- Special Event Volunteers: Throughout the year, IMPOWER hosts a variety of fundraising and client focused events and activities. Volunteers are needed to help plan and organize these events as well as assist with day of activities.
- Join a Committee: Get involved and serve on one of our committees!
Opportunities available at our Winter Springs and Winter Park Locations:
- Life Skills Training and Education: Share a skill, a hobby or a lesson and organize or host one or more life-skills course for youth. Examples may include: budgeting, cooking, job skills/resume building, fitness, etc.
- Facility Upkeep: Assist with sanitizing, basic maintenance, lawn care, painting, or other upkeep to help our campuses stay safe and welcoming.
- Holiday & Celebrations Support: Help make celebrations a bit brighter by volunteering your time to help our youth enjoy various holidays and milestones (birthdays, graduations).
- Welcome Home Volunteers (Winter Park ONLY): Help staff prepare a bedroom to welcome a new resident to The Village “home.” Includes cleaning, painting, moving & setting up furniture, and decorating a bedroom.
- Tutors: Assist youth in a variety of subject areas at middle school, high school and post-secondary levels or preparing for the GED exam.
- Campus Clean-Up: Seasonal campus clean-up projects such as grounds clean up, planting flowers, mulching, washing windows, etc.
- Hosting or preparing a meal at one of our residential campuses.
- Support our Back to School (July – August) or Holiday Heroes (December) campaigns by hosting a drive or volunteering to organize and pack supplies.
- Organize a wish list donation drive and/or assemble care packages.
Brevard County ONLY:
- Adoption Match Event Volunteer: Assist with activity stations or help organize an event for children and families to connect and potentially find a forever-family match.
A few important notes:
- You must be 18 years of age to volunteer (exceptions for off-site activities and special events).
- Some volunteer roles are subject to background checks.
- All volunteers are required to participate in orientation and/or applicable training.
Florida Bright Futures VolunteersComing soon!