FIRST-EVER STUFF YOUR FACE RACE WAS A BIG SUCCESS, INSPIRING THE RUNNERS AND RAISING FUN AND FUNDS TO SUPPORT IMPOWER
More than 150 came out for IMPOWER’s inaugural Stuff Your Face Race 5K/10K/Relay on September 28 at Harbor Park at Lake Baldwin. This unique event challenged teams and/or individuals to run and eat their way to the finish line to benefit IMPOWER’s life-changing programs.
“As with all first-time events, we couldn’t anticipate absolutely everything that might happen,” said VP of External Relations Marcie Dearth. “But that was part of the fun. From the ‘warm up’ and race kick-off . . . to the whacky all-you-can-eat pancake and donut eating contests afterwards . . . we loved the enthusiasm and camaraderie. We can’t wait to do it all again next year.”
The event raised more than $26,700 in its first year through registrations, sponsorships and participant fundrasing. The top three individual and team finishers in each race category, as well as the winners of the ‘best team name’ and ‘costume’ contests, the top individual fundraiser and top team fundraiser were all presented awards by WESH 2 News Anchor Jim Payne.
Thanks to everyone who contributed – from the runners and our generous sponsors (including our four Athlete Tent food sponsors) to the many volunteers (some of whom showed up at 4AM for set-up)! We hope you all will be ready, set and go for next year’s SYFR on September 26, 2020!
Follow Stuff Your Face Race on Facebook for more updates and info!
Recent Blog Articles
- Financial IMPOWERment April 21, 2022
- The Grove at 50 – Yesterday’s Legacy, Tomorrow’s Vision [Part 1] October 25, 2021
- 4 Tips for Making Emotionally Sound Financial Decisions September 7, 2021
- The Importance of Routines August 2, 2021
- Back to School Drive 2021 June 10, 2021
- Get Out and Wander: The Healing Properties of Nature June 2, 2021
- Mental Health Awareness Month 2021 May 17, 2021
- We Are All Reporters: Why National Child Abuse Prevention Month Matters April 1, 2021
- 20 Years at The Grove: An Interview With Ms. Felicia March 2, 2021
- Blame It on Monday: How Do Situations Influence Behavior? March 1, 2021