July 27, 2017 – Message from Anna Baznik, President/CEO:
IMPOWER has been the pioneer in the State of Florida in the implementation of Behavioral Health Telehealth services) delivering well over 450 telehealth services per month. We have now conducted more than 50,000 telehealth services!
As part of our new Strategic Plan entitled, “Virtual Success,” we are moving towards becoming a predominantly virtual company for the treatment of Behavioral Health Outpatient Therapy and Psychiatric Services. Beginning September 1, 2017 and ending in March 2018, IMPOWER will be closing our current physical outpatient offices in Rockledge, (Brevard), Longwood (Seminole) and Kissimmee (Osceola). We will relocate to very small local offices that will be able to accommodate those clients that are deemed by treatment providers as requiring face to face services.
Along with this, we are excited to announce a complete redesign of our Outpatient Organizational structure that has been rolled out and will be in place close to the timing of our virtual transition. These positions will better support the needs of our clients as it relates to telehealth support and supervision of our programs in this new environment. This furthers the support we offer to our clients connecting from home, or the location of their choice. Be on the lookout for additional information that will be forthcoming on the redesigning of behavioral health programs to better fit our new virtual business model. We have a lot of new business endeavors that will be launched in the upcoming months. We are embarking on the Commercial side of services, offering telehealth for a number of large insurers, Medicare and private pay.
Due to the shortage of Psychiatrists and treatment providers, we have found a robust answer to meeting the needs in our community. Our overall goal is to eliminate barriers to the treatment of mental illness, reduce the stigma associated with treatment, and enhance the experience and long term outcomes of all those we serve. With our model change, we are happy to announce that we can provide access to psychiatric care (with appropriate intake information) within 48 hours of request.
Please visit http://www.impowerfl.org/outpatient-forms/make-a-referral/ to make an appointment or a referral. Thank you.
Recent Blog Articles
- The Grove at 50 – Yesterday’s Legacy, Tomorrow’s Vision [Part 1] October 25, 2021
- 4 Tips for Making Emotionally Sound Financial Decisions September 7, 2021
- The Importance of Routines August 2, 2021
- Back to School Drive 2021 June 10, 2021
- Get Out and Wander: The Healing Properties of Nature June 2, 2021
- Mental Health Awareness Month 2021 May 17, 2021
- We Are All Reporters: Why National Child Abuse Prevention Month Matters April 1, 2021
- 20 Years at The Grove: An Interview With Ms. Felicia March 2, 2021
- Blame It on Monday: How Do Situations Influence Behavior? March 1, 2021
- IMPOWER Honors Black History Month February 5, 2021