Let your appetite do the giving while you support local non-profit groups in Florida – including IMPOWER! – by dining at any of the seven Columbia locations in Florida during the entire month of September for lunch or dinner during the 23rd Annual Columbia Restaurant Community Harvest Program.
Through this program, The Columbia donates 5 percent of all guests’ September lunch and dinner checks to the charitable organizations chosen by their customers. The Columbia Community Harvest takes place in all of the Columbia locations including Ybor City in the historic district of Tampa, St. Armands Circle in Sarasota, St. Augustine, Sand Key on Clearwater Beach, Central Florida’s Town of Celebration, the Columbia Café on the Riverwalk in Downtown Tampa at the Tampa Bay History Center and the Columbia Restaurant Café at Tampa International Airport. All Columbia locations are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. For more information, see www.ColumbiaRestaurant.com.
“We started this program in 1998 as a way to help many of the worthy non-profit groups that are so important to our communities,” said 4th generation family member and president Richard Gonzmart. “We thought the best way to do this was by letting our customers get involved in selecting the organizations. The process is simple. They just put a check mark next to one of the charitable organizations listed on a form we provide. They turn it in to their server. We do the rest, and donate 5 percent to the charity.”
The original Columbia Restaurant was founded in Tampa’s Historic Ybor City in 1905 by Cuban immigrant Casimiro Hernandez, Sr., and is now Florida’s oldest restaurant. Additional Columbia locations include St. Armands Circle in Sarasota, the Historic District in St. Augustine, Sand Key on Clearwater Beach, Central Florida’s town of Celebration, the Columbia Cafe on the Riverwalk in Tampa and the Columbia Restaurant Cafe at Tampa International Airport. All Columbia locations are owned and operated by 4th and 5th generation members of the founding family except for Columbia Restaurant Cafe at Tampa International Airport, which is operated in partnership with HMSHost. Follow on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Please see www.ColumbiaRestaurant.com for more information.
# # #
Recent Blog Articles
- Financial IMPOWERment April 21, 2022
- The Grove at 50 – Yesterday’s Legacy, Tomorrow’s Vision [Part 1] October 25, 2021
- 4 Tips for Making Emotionally Sound Financial Decisions September 7, 2021
- The Importance of Routines August 2, 2021
- Back to School Drive 2021 June 10, 2021
- Get Out and Wander: The Healing Properties of Nature June 2, 2021
- Mental Health Awareness Month 2021 May 17, 2021
- We Are All Reporters: Why National Child Abuse Prevention Month Matters April 1, 2021
- 20 Years at The Grove: An Interview With Ms. Felicia March 2, 2021
- Blame It on Monday: How Do Situations Influence Behavior? March 1, 2021